DIM SUM WARRIORS APPLICATION
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This Dim Sum Warriors Application End User Licence Agreement (“Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you and Yumcha Studios LLC (with its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, collectively “Company” or “we”) stating the terms and conditions that govern your use of the Dim Sum Warriors Application (“Licensed Application”).
Please read this Agreement before using the Licensed Application.
BY PURCHASING, DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING AND/OR USING THE LICENSED APPLICATION, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT PURCHASE, DOWNLOAD, INSTALL AND/OR USE THE LICENSED APPLICATION.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall govern any upgrades or updates provided by Company that replace and/or supplement the original Licensed Application, unless such upgrade is accompanied by or references a separate license agreement in which case the terms of that license agreement shall govern.
For the purposes of this Agreement:
“Digital Content” means the digital comic book stories (whether in single episodes or collected editions), games or other content in digital form provided through the Licensed Application.
“Dim Sum Warriors Application” or the “Licensed Application” means, collectively, our digital content reader and storefront application and software (including any updates and/or upgrades to that software) through which you can browse, download, shop for, stream and/or otherwise use the content or other items offered by us on one (1) or more select devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets, personal computers, et. al.) and manage your content and account settings.
“Subscription-based Content” means Digital Content made available to you on a subscription basis.
- License Grant Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and upon download of the Licensed Application and payment of any applicable fees (including any applicable taxes):
- Licensed Application Company grants to you a limited, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, non-assignable and revocable license to install and use the Licensed Application solely for your own personal, non-commercial use on devices that you own or control.
- Digital Content Company grants to you a non-exclusive right to view, use and display the Digital Content an unlimited number of times, solely on the number and types (if so limited) of devices specified in the Licensed Application or in the third party store in which the Licensed Application was purchased (e.g. the iTunes App Store). Company may post additional terms governing Digital Content in the Licensed Application. Such additional terms will also apply, but in the event of a conflict between those terms and the terms of this Agreement, this Agreement will govern.
- License, Not Sale For the avoidance of doubt, the Licensed Application and the Digital Content are licensed, not sold, to you by Company pursuant to and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any other applicable terms and conditions promulgated by any third-party processor not affiliated with Company (e.g., storefront, store, network, and other operators, etc.) (a “Third-Party Processor”). Company reserves all rights not expressly granted to you herein. You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is between you and Company, and acknowledge that no Third-Party Processor is a party to this Agreement.
- This Agreement does not allow you to use the Licensed Application on any device that you do not own or control, and you may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application. You may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates or upgrades, or any part thereof.
- Unless expressly agreed to in writing by Company, you may not sell, rent, lease, distribute, broadcast, stream, sub-license, transfer or otherwise assign any rights to the Digital Content or any portion of it to any third party, and you may not remove or modify any proprietary notices or labels on the Digital Content. In addition, you may not bypass, modify, defeat or circumvent any security features that protect the Digital Content.
- Any breach of the above restrictions or attempt thereof constitutes a violation of the rights of Company, its affiliates and licensors, as applicable, and you may be subject to prosecution and damages.
- No cancellation of the current Subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- We reserve the right to change subscription terms and fees from time to time, effective as of the beginning of the next subscription term upon notice to you.
5. Proprietary Rights. Company, its affiliates and/or their respective licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Licensed Application and Digital Content, including, without limitation, all intellectual and proprietary rights appurtenant thereto, and, except for the limited license granted to you herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to restrict, transfer, convey, encumber, alter, impair or otherwise adversely affect Company’s, its affiliates and/or their respective licensors’ ownership or proprietary rights therein or any other of Company’s, its affiliates’ and/or their licensors’ information, processes, methodologies, products, goods, services, or materials, tangible or intangible, in any form and in any medium.
6. NO WARRANTY. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE LICENSED APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL BUGS AND FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, OF TITLE, AND OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. NEITHER COMPANY, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR SERVICES CONTAINED IN, ACCESSED FROM, PERFORMED BY, DISPLAYED ON, LINKED TO/FROM, OR PROVIDED BY, THE LICENSED APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, COMPANY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM RELATING TO PURCHASE OF DIGITAL CONTENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID FOR THAT DIGITAL CONTENT.
8. Indemnification. You must use the Licensed Application and Digital Content in compliance with applicable laws. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Company, its affiliates and their respective successors and assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, advertisers, service providers, and suppliers harmless against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising out of or relating to your (a) breach or violation of this Agreement, (b) infringement, misappropriation or any violation of the rights of any other party, (c) violation or non-compliance with any applicable law, rule or regulation, and (d) use, alteration or export of the Licensed Application (or any component thereof) in violation of this Agreement. Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any claims or actions subject to indemnification by you and all negotiations for its settlement or compromise, and you agree to fully cooperate with us upon our request.
9. Export Restrictions. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
10. Commercial Items. The Licensed Application and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
11. Wireless Access Charges. Certain Licensed Application functions and Services require data access, and the provider of data access for your device may charge you data access fees in connection with your use of the Licensed Application. You are solely responsible for any data access or other charges you incur.
12. No Guarantee of Continued Use or Availability. Company and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, update, supplement, limit, discontinue, remove or disable access to the Licensed Application and/or any Services without notice to you and neither Company, its affiliates nor any of their respective licensors shall be liable to you or any third party should it exercise such rights. From time to time, Company may make available updates or upgrades to the Licensed Application via software download or other means. Such download may occur automatically without the need for any act on your part, or it may require you to manually download an update or upgrade through the same source from which the Licensed Application was originally downloaded. Certain functions of the Licensed Application may be modified or discontinued as a result of any such update or upgrade, or may not be available if you have not downloaded all updates and upgrades made available by Company or otherwise.
13. Changes to the Agreement. Company may make changes to this Agreement, at any time and from time to time, by notifying you of the change, including, without limitation, by including notice on the Services or by other electronic means, and a new copy of this Agreement shall be made available on the Services. By using the Licensed Application and/or any Services after such changes are made to the Agreement, you signify that you agree to be bound by and comply with such changes and Company shall treat your use as acceptance of the changed provisions.
14. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated by you or Company. Your rights under the license granted herein shall terminate automatically without notice from Company if you fail to comply with any terms or conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the Licensed Application, and destroy all copies, full or partial, thereof. In the event of termination due to your breach of this Agreement, Company reserves the right to immediately revoke your access to the Licensed Application and/or the Digital Content without refund of any fees. Company’s failure to exercise or enforce any term of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such term or any of Company’s rights or remedies.
15. Governing Law And Interpretation. To the extent not prohibited by law, you agree (a) that this Agreement and all disputes, claims, actions, suits or other proceedings arising hereunder shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive law of the State of New York applicable to contracts wholly made and to be performed within the State of New York, (b) to irrevocably submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York State and the Federal courts of the Southern District of New York, situated in the City, County and State of New York, and (c) to irrevocably consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction by such courts and waive any right to plead, claim or allege that New York is an inconvenient forum. No failure or delay by Company, its affiliates or licensors to exercise any right or enforce any obligation shall impair or be construed as a waiver or ongoing waiver of that or any or other right or power. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unimpaired and remain in full force and effect. You may not assign your rights under this Agreement without Company’s prior written permission and any attempt by you to do so shall be void. Any provision of this Agreement which by its nature must survive the termination of this Agreement in order to give effect to its meaning shall survive such termination.
16. Contact Information. You may contact Company at:
Mail: Yumcha Studios LLC
Attn: Customer Service
3625 Union St
Flushing, NY 11354
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
Welcome to DIM SUM WARRIORS, which is owned and operated by Yumcha Studios LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Please read these Terms of Service (“Agreement”) carefully, as it constitutes legally binding terms and conditions and applies to your use of (a) the Dim Sum Warriors branded application (“Licensed Application”), (b) the website located at www.dimsumwarriors.com and all corresponding web pages and websites associated with the foregoing URL (“Site”), and (c) any content, features, functionality and other information and services offered by us though the Licensed Application and/or the Site, including, without limitation, viral, embeddable or application/device-based features and related technology (e.g., applications, APIs, widgets, etc.) (collectively, “Services”). Company is based in the United States and the Services are hosted in the United States. This Agreement applies whether you are accessing the Services via a wireless or mobile device, a personal computer or any other technology or device (each, a “Device”). This Agreement does not cover other services, websites or any corresponding content, features, and activities made available by any other company or third party, unless specifically stated.
1. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. You may terminate your use of or registration for the Services at any time, for any reason, and Company may terminate your use of or registration to the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability or obligation to you or any third party.
2. Modifications. We may modify this Agreement from time to time and at any time in our sole discretion. We will post or display notices of material changes on the Services and/or notify you via other electronic means. The form of such notice is at our discretion. Once we post or make them available on the Services, these changes become effective immediately and if you use the Services after they become effective it will signify your agreement to be bound by the changes. All material modifications will apply prospectively only. We recommend that you check back frequently and review this Agreement regularly so you are aware of the most current rights and obligations that apply to you.
3. Eligibility; Compliance. By using the Services, you affirm, represent and warranty that you are either over thirteen (13) years old or that you are an emancipated minor, and, as an adult or emancipated minor, you are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service, and that your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law, rule or regulation.
Certain features of the Services may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements. If you are under eighteen (18) years old, then you affirm, represent and warranty that you possess express permission from a parent or legal guardian to use the Services.
In any case, you affirm that you are over thirteen (13) years old and you acknowledge that the www.dimsumwarriors.com website is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years old. If you are under thirteen (13) years old, then you must speak to a parent or legal guardian and get their express permission to visit, use, register or log into this www.dimsumwarriors.com website, or any other website.
As a parent and/or guardian, you agree to take such steps as are appropriate to ensure such compliance with these Terms of Service, any and all applicable laws, regulations or statutes, and will indemnify and hold Company and its affiliates, Board of Directors and distribution and syndication partners, assigns and/or parent or subsidiaries, harmless from any breach of these Terms of Service. You further agree and warrant that any child, minor and/or ward to whom you have granted express permission to access this site, will not disaffirm or disavow this consent and permission on the ground that the visitor was a minor and/or lacked contractual capacity on any and every date of access and/or visitation to the www.dimsumwarriors website. You further agree that any e-commerce or other transaction whatsoever associated with that minor or other person’s use of any of the services of the www.dimsumwarriors.com website has been duly authorized by you.
If you provide information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Company suspects that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company has the right to suspend or terminate your registration (in whole or in part) and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof), in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you, and without liability or obligation to you.
4. User Registration. In order to access and use certain content, features, or functionality of the Services, we may require that you register for the applicable Services and have a unique username and password combination (“User Credentials”) and provide certain additional information, which may include, without limitation, your email address, legal name, date of birth, country of residence, zip code, etc., and, for fee-based transactions and purchases offered by us, your physical address, telephone number(s), applicable payment data and information (collectively, a “User Account”). You represent and warrant that all registration and account information you submit is truthful and accurate and you shall maintain and promptly update the accuracy of such information. Further, if you elect to become a registered user of the Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Credentials, and you shall be responsible and liable for any access to or use of the Services by you or any person or entity using your User Credentials, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you or on your behalf, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent, including, without limitation, any fee-based transactions. It is therefore critical that you do not share your User Credentials with anyone. You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your User Credentials or User Account, or any other breach of security. It is your sole responsibility to (a) control the dissemination and use of your User Credentials and User Account, (b) update, maintain and control access to your User Credentials and User Account, and (c) cancel your User Account on the Services. We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user of the Services if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access any account or element of the Services. Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 4.
7. Proprietary Rights.
7.1 As between you and Company, Company owns, solely and exclusively, all right, title and interest in and to the Services and all content contained and/or made available through the Services (“Content”), and all such Content is protected, without limitation, under U.S. Federal and State, as well as applicable foreign laws, rules, regulations and treaties. The term “Content” includes, without limitation, all audio/visual content, artwork, photographs, illustrations, graphics, logos, copy, text, computer code, software, music (including the musical compositions therein), data, user interfaces, visual interfaces, information, materials, and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectable elements of the Services, including, without limitation, the design, selection, sequence, look and feel, and arrangement of the Services, and any copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, patent rights, database rights and/or other intellectual property and/or proprietary rights therein (including with respect to any content contained and/or made available in any advertisements or information presented to you via the Services). Unless the context clearly requires otherwise or we explicitly set forth in writing, the term “Services” includes “Content” as well.
7.2 The Services are to be used solely for your non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable and limited personal use and for no other purposes. You must not alter, delete or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other notices contained on the Services, including, without limitation, notices on any Content you transmit, download, display, print, stream or reproduce from the Services. Except as expressly authorized by Company and set forth in Additional Terms (e.g., Services that allow for the use of embeddable or viral features, applications, etc.), you shall not, nor shall you allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit or otherwise) to, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third-party website or platform), or otherwise use, any Content without the express, prior written consent of Company or its owner if Company is not the owner. Moreover, the framing or scraping of or in-line linking to the Services or any Content contained thereon and/or the use of webcrawler, spidering or other automated means to access, copy, index, process and/or store any Content made available on or through the Services other than as expressly authorized by us is prohibited. You further agree to abide by exclusionary protocols (e.g., Robot.txt, Automated Content Access Protocol (ACAP), etc.) that may be used in connection with the Services. Any unauthorized or prohibited use of any Content may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both, under applicable federal, state, local laws, or applicable foreign laws, rules, regulations and treaties. We require users to respect our copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights and shall enforce the same. We likewise respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that the Services contain elements that infringe your copyrights in your work, please follow the procedures set forth in Section 10 below.
8. User Conduct. You are solely responsible for your conduct in connection with the Services. We want to keep the Services enjoyable for everyone and the use of the Services for unlawful or harmful activities is not allowed. You agree that, while using the Services, you shall not:
(a) engage in or encourage conduct that would violate any applicable law, rule, regulation, judicial or government order or give rise to civil liability or violate or infringe upon any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, moral, publicity or other rights of ours or of any other person or entity;
(b) submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services any material or take any action that is or is likely to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, harassing, profane, obscene, vulgar or that contains explicit or graphic imagery, descriptions or accounts of excessive violence or sexual acts (including, without limitation, sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), contains a link to an adult website or is patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(c) submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law, rule or regulation or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements), or otherwise creates a security or privacy risk for any other person or entity;
(d) engage in or encourage conduct that affects adversely or reflect negatively on Company, its affiliates, or parent company, the Services, our goodwill, name or reputation or causes duress, distress or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person or entity from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Services, or from advertising or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Services;
(e) submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services any material that contains a software virus, worm, spyware, Trojan horse or other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, impair, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(f) use the Services for commercial or business purposes, including, without limitation, engaging in barter arrangements, pyramid schemes, advertising, marketing or offering goods or services or exploiting information or material obtained on, through or in connection with the Services, whether or not for financial or any other form of compensation or through linking with another website or service;
(g) modify, disrupt, impair, alter or interfere with the use, features, function, operation or maintenance of the Services or the rights or use or enjoyment of the Services by any other user;
(h) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise represent your affiliation with a person, or entity;
(i) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted on, through or in connection with the Services;
(j) solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or engage in spamming, flooding, harvesting of email addresses or other personal information, “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “phishing”, “database scraping”, or any other activity with the purposes of obtaining lists of other users or other information; or
(k) modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any part of the Services, whether in whole or in part, or create any derivative works from any part of the Services, or encourage, assist or authorize any other person to do so.
Company assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for inappropriate content or conduct. If at any time Company chooses in its sole discretion to monitor the Services, Company nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Postings (as defined herein), assumes no obligation to modify or remove any User Postings, and no responsibility for the conduct of any user. Company reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Company’s sole discretion, violates, or is suspected of violating, this Section 8, including, without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Further, you acknowledge, consent and agree that Company may access, preserve and disclose your account and registration information and any other content or information if required to do so by law or if based on a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law or legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any content or information violates the rights of any third party; (d) respond to your requests for customer or technical service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Company, users or any third parties including acting in urgent circumstances.
9. User Postings.
9.1 The Services may provide you and other users with an opportunity to participate in blogs, web communities and other message, comment and communication features and may provide you with the opportunity to submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available comments, reviews, links, materials, ideas, opinions, messages and other content and information via the Services (each, a “User Posting”, and collectively, “User Postings”). You understand, acknowledge and agree that all User Postings are the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Postings originated. This means that you are solely and entirely responsible for the consequences of all User Postings that you submit, upload, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available. User Postings do not reflect the views of Company, its affiliates or parent company, and you understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to other people’s User Postings that could be offensive, indecent or objectionable and, as such, Company does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or content of any User Postings. Under no circumstances shall Company be liable in any way for User Postings, including, without limitation, errors or omissions in any User Postings, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any User Postings submitted, uploaded, posted, emailed, displayed, transmitted or otherwise made available.
9.2 The Services, including, without limitation, all User Posting features and functionality, is for personal purposes only and you may not submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available, in any manner, any User Posting that we deem to be an Unauthorized Posting (as defined herein). We have the right, but not the obligation, to review any User Posting and to delete, remove, move, edit or reject, without notice to you, for any reason or for no reason whatsoever, any User Postings, including, without limitation, any Unauthorized Postings; provided, however, that Company shall have no obligation or liability to you or any third party for failure to do so or for doing so in any particular manner. As used herein, the term “Unauthorized Posting” means any User Posting that is or may be construed as violating this Agreement, including, without limitation, Section 8 herein, or is deemed to be unacceptable to Company, as determined in Company’s sole discretion.
9.3 In connection with all User Postings you submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available, you grant to Company the unrestricted, worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, fully paid-up and royalty-free right and license, in any form or format, on or through any media or medium and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, in whole or in part, to host, cache, store, maintain, use, reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, perform, publish, broadcast, transmit, modify, prepare derivative works of, adapt, reformat, translate, and otherwise exploit all or any portion of your User Posting on the Services and any other websites, channels, services, and other distribution platforms, whether currently existing or developed in the future, for any purpose whatsoever (including, without limitation, for any promotional purposes) without accounting, notification, credit or other obligation to you, and the right to license and sub-license and authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted hereunder to Company, in our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, the rights, licenses and privileges described in this Agreement and granted to Company shall commence immediately upon submission of your User Posting and shall continue thereafter perpetually and indefinitely, regardless of whether you use the Services as a registered user or not.
9.4 Company does not acquire any title or ownership rights in the User Postings that you submit and/or make available. After you submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available any User Posting, you continue to retain any such rights that you may have in such User Posting, subject to the rights, licenses and privileges granted herein. You also represent, warrant and covenant that (a) you own the User Posting posted by you or otherwise have the right to grant the rights, licenses and privileges described in this Agreement and to perform and comply with all of the requirements set forth herein; (b) your submission, uploading, posting, emailing, displaying, transmission and/or making available of User Postings does not violate this Agreement, any rights of any other party or entity, any of your obligations, any law, rule or regulation or infringe upon, misappropriate or violate any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, moral, publicity or other rights of any party or entity; (c) you have the legal right and capability to enter into this Agreement and perform and comply with all of its terms and conditions; and (d) you hold and shall continue to hold all the ownership, license, proprietary and other rights necessary to enter into, authorize, grant rights and perform your obligations under this Agreement and shall pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your User Postings.
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on the Services infringes upon your copyrights, your may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Designated Agent (as set forth below) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further details):
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the Services;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if applicable, e-mail address;
A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Written notification of claimed infringement must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Name and Address of Designated Agent:
Yumcha Studios LLC
Attn: Copyright Agent
36-25 Main St
Flushing, NY 11354
For clarity, only DMCA notices should be sent to the Designated Agent and any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to Company customer service through our website at http://dimsumwarriors.com/contactus/
11. Services Terms and Requirements.
11.1 Availability. You acknowledge that Company licenses some or all of the Content under agreement from third parties, and that Company may add, delete or disable Content, and/or add, delete, disable or modify some or all of the Services, at its sole election, and you acknowledge: (a) that you may no longer be able to use the Services to the same extent, or at all, as prior to such change or discontinuation, and (b) that Company shall have no obligation or liability to you in such case. In no event shall Company be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any Content, the Services, materials or any features or portions of the Services. Company may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain features or portions of the Content or the Services, in any case and without notice or liability to you.
11.2 Device Requirements and Terms. In order to access and use the Services and the Content, you may be required to use Device(s) and other technology meeting certain system, configuration and other requirements established by Company, its content partners, licensors and other third parties (e.g., storefront, network, website, platform and other operators, etc.) (collectively, “Operators”), and you are responsible for ensuring that your Device(s) and other technology meet all such requirements at all times and prior to any purchase or order on or in connection with the Services. In addition, you are responsible for any data access, messaging and other service rates and charges you may incur in connection with your Device and use of the Services.
11.3 Usage Rules. Certain Content and Services (in whole or in part) may be accompanied by technology and/or other restrictions (e.g., digital rights management technology) that protect digital information and content from unauthorized use and access and may limit and restrict your usage of such Content and Services in accordance with certain rules and restrictions established by Company and/or Operators (“Usage Rules”). You agree to comply with such Usage Rules at all times, and shall not violate or attempt to violate any security components thereof. You further acknowledge and agree that the Usage Rules may be controlled and monitored by Company and/or its designees for compliance purposes, and Company reserves the right to enforce the Usage Rules with or without notice to you.
11.4 Objectionable Material; Minors. You understand that by using the Services, you may encounter Content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable by some, which Content may or may not be identified as such. Nevertheless, you agree to use the Services at your sole risk and that Company shall have no liability to you for Content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
12. Customer Support. For assistance with technical issues or customer support inquiries, please refer to our website or contact us at http://dimsumwarriors.com/contactus/
14. Advertisements. From time to time, you may choose to communicate with, interact with, or obtain Third-Party Services from our advertisers, sponsors, or other promotional partners (collectively, “Advertisers”) found on or through the Services or via a hyperlinked website or platform. All such communication, interaction and participation is strictly and solely between you and such Advertisers and we shall not be responsible or liable to you in any way in connection with these activities or transactions (including, without limitation, any representations, warranties, covenants, contracts or other terms or conditions that may exist between you and the Advertisers or any goods or services you may purchase or obtain from any Advertiser).
15. Promotions, Contests, and Sweepstakes. From time to time, Company, or the Services’ operational service providers, suppliers, Operators, and Advertisers may conduct promotions and other activities on, through or in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, contests and sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotions”). Each Promotion may have Additional Terms and/or Rules which shall be posted or otherwise made available to you in connection therewith.
16. Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights, licenses and privileges granted herein, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned or transferred by Company without restriction, notice or other obligation to you.
17. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Company, its affiliates, and parent company, and their respective successors and assigns, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, licensors, Advertisers, Operators, suppliers and service providers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising in any way out of or in connection with (a) your use of the Services, (b) your breach or violation this Agreement or (c) your User Postings. Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you and all negotiations for its settlement or compromise, and you agree to fully cooperate with us upon our request.
18. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. THE SERVICES, AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND USER POSTINGS MADE AVAILABLE ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ANY GUARANTY OR ASSURANCE THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR THAT ANY PRODUCTS, FEATURES, FUNCTIONS, SERVICES OR OPERATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE OR PERFORM AS DESCRIBED. ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND THIS SITE, AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND USER POSTINGS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. Without limiting the foregoing, we are not responsible or liable for any malicious code, delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of the Services. You understand, acknowledge and agree that you are assuming the entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, performance, timeliness, adequacy, completeness, correctness, authenticity, security and validity of any and all features and functions of the Services, including, without limitation, User Postings and Content associated with your use of the Services.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, Company, ITS AFFILIATES, PARENT COMPANY, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, OPERATORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND SUPPLIERS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, OF ANY KIND, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES OR FROM THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
You further understand and acknowledge the capacity of the Services, in the aggregate and for each user, is limited. Consequently, some messages and transmissions, including, without limitation, User Postings, may not be processed in a timely fashion or at all, and some features or functions may be restricted or delayed or become completely inoperable. As a result, you acknowledge and agree that Company assumes no liability, responsibility or obligation to transmit, process, store, receive or deliver transactions or User Postings or for any failure or delay associated with any User Postings and you are hereby expressly advised not to rely upon the timeliness or performance of the Services for any transactions or User Postings. Some jurisdictions do not allow for the exclusion of certain warranties or certain limitations on damages and remedies, accordingly some of the exclusions and limitations described in this Agreement may not apply to you.
19. Governing Law; Miscellaneous.
19.1 This Agreement contains the entire understanding and agreement between you and Company concerning the Services and supersedes any and all prior or inconsistent understandings relating to the Services and your use thereof. This Agreement cannot be changed orally. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect any other provisions and this Agreement shall be deemed amended to the extent necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable. Any provision that must survive in order to allow us to enforce its meaning shall survive the termination of this Agreement; however, no action arising out of this Agreement or your use of the Services, regardless of form or the basis of the claim, may be brought by you more than one year after the cause of action has arisen (or if multiple causes, from the date the first such cause arose). The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
19.2 This Agreement and your use of the Services is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the internal substantive laws of the State of New York (notwithstanding the state’s conflict of laws provisions) applicable to contracts made, executed and wholly performed in New York, and, for the purposes of any and all legal or equitable actions, you specifically agree and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the State and Federal Courts situated in the State and County of New York and agree you shall not object to such jurisdiction or venue on the grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction, forum non conveniens or otherwise. IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING COMMENCED TO ENFORCE ANY RIGHT OR OBLIGATION OF THE PARTIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF, YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY NOW HAVE OR HEREAFTER POSSESS TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
19.3 The Services are controlled by Company from its offices in the State of New York, U.S. Company makes no representation or warranty that the Services or Content contained on or made available in connection therewith is legal, appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Services from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, rules and regulation, if and to the extent local laws, rules and regulations are applicable. No software made available in connection with the Services may be downloaded, exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any countries that are subject to U.S. export restrictions.